1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Deal on GK 410RBH and 115RBH but Questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jufros, Oct 3, 2009.

1. jufros

jufros

Nov 24, 2008
    I can get these in a trade and I really like the way they sound with a 2001RB head. I really want to use my power amp and a crossover to send lows to the 1x15 and the rest to the 4x10. I'm not sure what the best way to do this is.

I suppose I'll run the power amp in stereo and send each channel either the lows or highs from the crossover. I'll turn the tweeter all the way off on the 1x15 and tweak the one on the 4x10 until I like it.

The only problem here is that I'm not going to be sending all that much power to the cabs since I'll be running the amp in stereo. My QSC delivers 1400W when bridged @ 4 ohms, but only delivers 280 W / channel @ 8 ohms in stereo.

So, what should I do here?

2. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    why don't you want to run it in full range? (edit- not having a dig, just wondering...)

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 run it full range. If you biamp, the lows get MOST of the power, so you wouldn't want most of your power going through a single speaker, while having a big 4x10 getting virtually nothing. That's just crazy talk.

4. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    +100. It would take four 1x15s to make it even semi-worthwhile bi-amping along with a 4x10. And reconsider the 1x15. Even run full range it takes two 1x15s to keep up with a 4x10. Two 4x10s will work better.