1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Deal or no deal... on this bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by scott917, Oct 19, 2006.

1. scott917

scott917

Mar 13, 2005
    Houston, Tx.
    I have a chance to buy a MM SUB 4 string for $479, with tax it will be $513. Is that a good deal? I like the bass quite a bit and they have it discounted heavily, I don't really know why. There is a little scratch on the lower edge, but nothing I can't live with.

Sound good to you?

S

2. I'd watch Ebay. Just a few weeks ago I bought a used SUB-4 for $295 plus shipping. The bass was almost perfect except for one large paint chip on the back. Now THAT was a good deal. I've seen a few of the nice 5-string SUBs sell for around $375-$400 on Ebay, so the one you are thinking about is not really the greatest deal, but for buying at a store it might be OK. That's why I almost always use Ebay as that is where the deals can be found.

3. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I dunno, it sounds like a pretty fair price to be.

4. +1 - i think "fair" sums it up pretty well.

its definitely not a bad price, but nothing to write home (or TB, for that matter) about.

5. ahkiatt

ahkiatt

Sep 30, 2006
    Singapore
    be glad it's so cheap. in Singapore it's around 800 per piece..

6. scott917

scott917

Mar 13, 2005
    Houston, Tx.
    wow $295 that is a good(great/screaming) deal!!!! forget i said anything.... this is at a store here in Houston and it has quite a mark down on it.

i think that i will pass and keep my eyes peeled on e-bay.... i don't really NEED it. But I thought at that price it was quite tempting.....

thanks for the input!

Scott