Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Deal Playmate Acoustic/Electric - Is there a case/bag?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nostafa, May 25, 2005.

1. nostafa

nostafa

May 23, 2005
    Hello all,
    I've recently been given a Dean Playmate Acoustic/Electric bass as a b-day gift and am now hunting for a bag/case for it. Per some of the reviews I've read, most people seem to be having a hard time finding a bag or case for this model as it is huge.

I tried contacting Dean directly and to be honest, the guy wasn't much help (or into providing great customer service for that matter). He did give me a model # of a bag for this bass, but he stated this is a very basic model bag, with no padding, and it was cheap, somewhere around $30. I would rather spend a bit more for a better bag if at all possible.

I've hunted around on the net and found this: http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-DEAABAB.html. They claim it is for the Dean Playmate EAB, but honestly without seeing the measurements, I'm not convinced. The reason I'm not convinced is the model # is not the same as the one given to me by Dean, and the guy at Dean I spoke with couldn't (or didn't want to) give me any information on this specific bag.

So, I guess my question is, is there anyone here with a Dean Playmate EAB who has purchased the bag in the link above? If there is, can you confirm if in fact it does fit this model bass? Or, if anyone has the bag in the link above can you give me the measurements? The bass is 18" wide at the widest point of the base, and about 50" long from the bottom end to the very top of the neck. I spoke with the folks over at instrumentpro.com and unfortunately they could not give me the measurements. They said if the bag doesn't fit I could certainly send it back for a full refund, minus shipping of course. However, I would prefer to not have to do this if at all possible.

Thanks much all.

2. glydebass

glydebass

Dec 3, 2003
    Atlanta Ga
    While I dont have the gig bag above I do have a hardshell case for it that is made by Dean. Im not sure how to get it seeing as it was a gift to me too but I will get in touch with my dad and find out for. Ill post as soon as I know.

3. nostafa

nostafa

May 23, 2005
    Cool, thanks much. Any info would help.