Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dealers posting in forums

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Marlat, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I dont personally have a porblem with this, but have often felt like the borderline between advertising and informing gets pushed on occasions.

So I wondered what peoples general thoughts were about making dealers who post on TB disclose their key relationships in their signature. Ie those dealers who have specific key relationships with manufacturers would disclose those manufacturers in their signature.

That way, any user, who may not be familiar with those who are dealers, can see that some posts may be coloured by business relationships.

What are your thoughts?

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I agree - but I think its easier (ie a lesser burden on them) if its disclosed in their sig so they dont have to "monitor" their posting.

I can't see how this would do any harm to either the dealer or the other users at TB - it just keeps people informed.

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Well either way, I wonder whether this has been raised with the dealers before / endorsers before?

I note that none of them seem to have objected in this thread :cool: