Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Deals on Peavey amps??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by VanillaF4i, Apr 22, 2003.

1. VanillaF4i

VanillaF4i

Apr 20, 2003
    Oklahoma
    Hi, I'm a noob so I'm looking to pick up a Peavey TNT115 (yeah yeah no tone blah blah im new :p) amp over the next 6 mos, was wondering if there were any killer deals online that anyone knows of. Rondo has it for 450 which doesn't seem too bad. Bought my bass from them. But hey, the cheaper the better right?

Oh, I'm looking to buy new unless it's barely used and in perfect shape.

I'm going to try and blow up my 15w guitar amp in the mean time.

:D :D

2. redneck2wild

redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
    Try either www.musicgoround.com or ebay for used Peavey TNT amps. The older models are usually the cheapest.

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I do not understand that "TNT's have no tonal range..." B.S. around here.

I got my TNT almost a year ago, and I find a variety of tones that are great with minimul EQ tweakage.

They are great amps, and I suggest you get the newest old one with black widow that you can find.

4. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    You should be able to get a new TNT 115 for $420.

5. VanillaF4i

VanillaF4i

Apr 20, 2003
    Oklahoma
    Yeah I definately want a brand spankin new one. I don't trust used stuff...even if it is the most reliable stuff on earth.

I'll check out that site. Thanks for the heads up.

And personally I can understand someone who is used to top of the line gear talkin smack on a Peavey...but I'm on low 5 digit income lol....I ain't got the cash for brand new Electrovoice or whatever the taste of the age is :D

EDIT: Oh, and any links on that $420 price bro?

6. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    best prices I have seen on peavey stuff:

www.rondomusic.com click on the peveay store link.

7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    the TNT115 Is highly under rated. It's a fine amp.

8. VanillaF4i

VanillaF4i

Apr 20, 2003
    Oklahoma
    HEHE Thanks Darkspec, even though I mentioned I already checked thier prices in my original post :D That IS the best price I've found ... so far.

I know it will do just fine. I probably won't outgrow it in my lifetime:bawl:

9. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    Ditto. Especially with a BW speaker, as Mike mentioned. (Anybody know the freq. response specs. on the BW 15" ?)

This is a good amp and it will serve you for years, Vanilla. I bought one four years ago when I started playing again. It is LOUD, LOW, and a LOAD! 92 lbs. on my scales.

I've spent the last four years and a lot of cash trying to "upgrade" my sound and lighten my load, and I STILL come back to the TNT for larger clubs. Even though I detest hauling my "heavy rig" (the TNT under a VL210/WT800), it is a killer.

10. VanillaF4i

VanillaF4i

Apr 20, 2003
    Oklahoma
    Well that's good, should be plenty of hell for me then. I don't mind the extra weight...I'm still young :D

Not like you can't dolly that sucka around if need be. I feel sorry for my apartment neighbors though once I get it...mainly for the bad playing haha.

::evil visions of chunking an ugly chord out at 4 am::

11. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Personally, for what you'd pay for a TNT, I would go with a Peavey Combo 115.

More power, more features, equivalent size and weight, for only a little more money.

Plus you can add a second cab to get even more power.

But that's just my 2 cents.

Had a Combo 115 for a few years and loved it. Added a 2x10, and whoa nelly!

12. VanillaF4i

VanillaF4i

Apr 20, 2003
    Oklahoma
    The combo certainly does look nice...it's a hundred bucks more though. Not like that's a big difference when you're throwing down half a G on an amp anyway. I'll have to consider it though because it has wheels and is more expandable. I didn't even see that thing before.

Keep in mind I've never played bass before :D

Anyone else suggest the combo over the TNT?

13. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    I'd also second the vote on the Combo. Much more amp, not much more bucks.