Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dean 5-String

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeyFingers, Aug 5, 2005.

1. A friend of mine has a 5-string Dean bass that he wants to sell. I played it a few days ago and loved it, it feels real nice and sounds excellent (EMG pickups). I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Dean basses, will they last? Do they need a lot of maintenance? Also, he's asking $250 for it, fair price?

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    If the neck is good, the jack is tight, and the bridge is not loose, go for it. Deans are well made and sound just fine.

3. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    250$ For a dean edge q5 is a good price. The dean you are talking about is probaobly a dean Q5, since they are the only ones with EMG'z in em.

I like dean basses, was going to get a 4 string but decided to just save up for my rig. Very nice basses good setup, at least the ones I have played. Don't require alot of maintainence and are good bang for your buck axes.

Check out the dean forum www.deanguitars.com for some real hospitality if you need any further info.

-Rob

4. markman

markman

Dec 19, 2003
    ILL.
    I can't comment on that particular Dean, but I have a Dean Razor Standard that I like very much. It looks very well made for the money, balances extemely well and plays very good.

5. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    For $250?? Be all over it. I miss having my Q6 around! Great, inexpensive (but not "cheap") bass! Great midrange sound. Cuts through like a knife!