Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dean Bass Guitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by oklahormoan, Dec 22, 2005.

1. oklahormoan

oklahormoan

Dec 22, 2005
    check out deanguitars.com for some awesome basses! with basses ranging from the mild edge, to the wild demonator you're pretty much sure to find a bass that will fit your style. these basses are AWESOME.

2. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Spam,Spam....you should be ashamed!!!!!!

3. bassboy7

bassboy7

Jun 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Spamage.

4. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

It would seem so - it's amazing that companies don't realize the negative vibe they create towards their products with crap like this...

- georgestrings

5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    We know about dean. What's the point are you some kind of Dean fanboy? I can't comprehend a Dean employee doing something like this.

6. Just fbecause of this post.....

DEATH TO DEAN!!!!!!

j/p

-ryan-

7. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    How do we know he's an employee of Dean?

8. SmittyG

SmittyG

Dec 24, 2003
    Texarkana, Texas
    Well, we don't know for sure. But if you scan through the threads here you will see two common trends:

1. "Here is the bass I have, isn't it cool?"

or

2. "This is the bass I want, is it worth it?

You just don't see a random user posting a message about checking out an entire company's line.

9. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

check out his PUBLIC PROFILE , nothing listed ... also , it's his first posting ... :scowl:

edit : it doesn't prove he's an employee of Dean , but i think
    i smell SPAM ....

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Is this that new turkey spam or the spicy one?

11. bassboy7

bassboy7

Jun 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Hybrid turkey-ham musical spam.

Id like a spamwich with everything please?

:)

12. gamera

gamera

Sep 20, 2004
    Gloucester, MA
    It's funny the other day I posted wondering if anyone had ever played a cadillac bass. I love caddy's. No one responded or almost no one.

I have a borrowed dean rhapsody 8 string from Bill from The Shemps, he doesn't use it. I love 8 strings but this thing is too modernish looking and heavy for me.

Dean is a cool company. I love their 70's designs, I hope they don't have to stoop to schilling on talkbass to get customers. Coincidently our guitar player is going to buy a 79V today. Bizarre in fact.

13. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    ^^^^^They have already stoop to selling their guitars and basses with half-naked women.

14. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    I have a Dean Edge 4 Improv, czech made, schaller tuners, ba bridge, emg p/u's, neck thru, bought new for $700--i love it!

I've tried the sledgehammer and liked it, although it seems a little single-purpose. I've also tried the pace upright--it was ok.

I've also tried the evo and thought it was pretty poor. I haven't thought much of some of the lower priced edge basses either.

I don't work for Dean :smug: and I agree it would be disingenuous for someone from dean to pose as a user, if in fact that is what has happened.

15. Dkerwood

Dkerwood

Aug 5, 2005
    Midwest
    I've been rather impressed with Dean's line, at least their electric guitars. Their LP-types completely outperform Epiphones at the price point (at least stock Epis). My ex gf has a Dean Strat-type guitar, which plays better than most Mexi Strats I've played, at half the price.

I haven't been much impressed with their basses. My sister did, however, buy the Dean Playmate Acoustic Electric Bass, and I was shocked. That little cheap punk is louder unplugged than almost any acoustic bass I've ever seen. There was a jumbo acoustic Takamine acoustic bass that is almost as loud (the strings on the Tak were shot, so I won't mention that the tone was better on the Dean), but all the other acoustic basses I've played have been much, MUCH quieter, save perhaps for an Ovation I played once.

Electronics on it leave a lot to be desired, but hey, for $170, what do you expect? The worst problem we've had is having the input jack nut come unscrewed, letting the jack itself pull back into the bass... That was a pain. Right before a gig, too. Oh well.

16. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Nothin wrong with that. ;)

17. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

Actually Dean has always done that. We're talking decades here. The Dean Girls are always appreciated at NAMM for sure.

18. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    I don't want any Mystery. I say show it all.

19. And Jackson is any better????....

-ryan-

20. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

+1 - a little nudity never hurt anything - ESPECIALLY when it's some hot 20 YO....

- georgestrings