1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dean bass upgrades

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FRNKNHOOKR, Jan 4, 2020.

1. FRNKNHOOKR

FRNKNHOOKR

May 28, 2019
    Has anyone upgraded their Dean basses with new tuners, bridge, or pickups? I use a Dean Metalman V and I love it, but it's a POS hardware wise. I would love to upgrade it so I don't have to spend 2K having Dean build me one. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

2. @FRNKNHOOKR, there's a Dean Club here on TalkBass. Feel free to stop by anytime

Dean Club!!!

As for your hardware upgrade, you can do some different things

Those bridges tend to be just your average fender style pot metal bridges. Buy any "High Mass" replacement bridge and that should fix that. Tuners, Wilkinson or Hipsho, or basically any Y Key style tuner should basically fit. Electronics, Something by EMG should fit. They make passive stuff too if you don't like active. Just measure the pickups and go from there.

3. FRNKNHOOKR

FRNKNHOOKR

May 28, 2019
    Thanks for the info.
    Tuners are first...two of mine are bent just from string pressure alone. Pure junk.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 13, 2021