Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dean bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by btripp, Oct 24, 2003.

1. btripp

btripp

Oct 24, 2003
    Hello, I have a "Dean" bass guitar that was signed by "Rex" from Pantera. I've been searching on the "net" trying to find out what model it is, but I cannot find anything.
    It has "DB94F-TBK" on the back of it. Anyway I can find out what model it is?

2. Pictures help, if you have any!

The # you gave is a serial # I believe!

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. btripp

btripp

Oct 24, 2003
    OK, here ya go:
    [​IMG]

4. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Doesn't look like a Dean to me....Ibanez maybe??

5. btripp

btripp

Oct 24, 2003
    I'm pretty sure its a Dean;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. That is a Dean. It is from the "Tropical" era (like when Harley was sold to AMF). A Basic entry level P.O.S.

Other than the sig being worth something to someone, going rate for those are around $100

7. Sorry, forgot to mention that I do not know what model that was.

Go over to http://www.deanguitars.com/deanforum3/

That is the Dean Forum. You can post the pics there, someone should know what model it is.

8. After viewing the photo's I sgree with Bass_Pounder, but I have no clue what it's worth!

[​IMG]
    Treena

9. btripp

btripp

Oct 24, 2003
    Thanks for the replies. I dropped in to see what they say. I have no clue what the "Tropical" era was, so I can't wait to see what they say (good or bad).

Thanks again.

10. If you want to use that bass again, put the strings on asap....you need to keep the tension on the neck eh!

11. btripp

btripp

Oct 24, 2003
    DOH! Will do, thanks for the tip.:)