Dean Bromberg B2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dougazbass, Oct 21, 2011.

1. dougazbass

dougazbass Supporting Member

May 6, 2011
    Mesa, AZ
    Doe anyone have any info on these basses? Specifically, I've noticed that the body design slightly changed during its run. When and why?
    How long did Dean make the B2? Did the materials change during the build run?
    Were they all made in Korea?
    Anything else is also appreciated.
    Thanks

2. dougazbass

May 6, 2011
    Mesa, AZ
    Hoping not to get lost before someone chimes in...

3. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hey Doug. I used to own one of the blue B2 five strings. I'm not sure on any of your questions, but I believe all the basses were made in Korea. IIRC there were supposed to be some made in the US, but Dean and BB parted ways before that happened. (I could be totally wrong by the way!!) Brian is a member here on TB, perhaps you could PM him and he could help you with some of the answers you're looking for.

4. MKoby

MKoby

Jul 14, 2004
    MD/Metro DC
    I have one.
    To me it is a very nice bass. Mine is MIK.
    The bass itself is well made and it's great in subtle ways.

Pre amp is OK, (it's workable)
    The replacement pre-amp for 2 PU & piezo (the only one I could find) is the same unit already in both the Dean B2 and US Master B2.
    Another Peavey preamp would be heaven in that bass.

It's not my main bass, but I have no plans on selling it.
    If you find one, and it is much like mine, you will have a very good bass to play; one which covers a lot of useful tones.

Don't know much about the Dean evolution of the model--I have only played one.

Brian posts often on the Carvin B2 thread. Ask him what happened.

5. dougazbass

May 6, 2011
    Mesa, AZ
    Thanks Guys, I PMed Brian. I'll let you what i find out.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021