1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dean Bromberg bass, anyone played any of these???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nico3535, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Nico3535

Nico3535

Mar 8, 2006
    Florida
    I was looking to get a four string bass with more of a modern type jazz sound, and a friend said that for the price these deans do the job. I know it has a 18v pre with a piezo in the bridge, which sounds awesome, but does it really sound awesome. I have never really played a dean before but i have seen them at the local shops. I was wondering if anyone on TB has played one and what their opinions on it are?

2. steve4765630

steve4765630

Feb 27, 2006
    I have not, but they always appealed to me. Go try one and let us know.

3. sanray

sanray

Nov 8, 2005
    I don't have the BB model you are talking about, but I do have an edge 5 string fretless that I love, so if that is a cheap bass, then the BB should be awesome.

4. They are a very good quality bass for the $ about $850 new. I have recorded with one, and they are excellent, the piezo set up is first rate, and I can see this as an excellent value at that price for jazz. It is neck through and very easy to play. My tastes tend toward "vintage" stylings, but if you want a "modern" bass, this is the one. Modulus are nice too, but about 4X as pricey!!

5. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I have played that bass! I really liked it a lot. I think I remember a pretty slim neck profile and a clear and punchy-ish tone. Regardless of the details, I remember being pretty surprised by it.