1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dean Club!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tom once dead, Apr 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. I've been on TB for the past few months and noticed all of the clubs. I know not that many people have them, But Why not?

2A ML Metalman

tom once dead#1
    Spector Ray#2
    Ric5#3
    Mr sprocket#4
    BlackLake#5
    Kalyptic#6

Attached Files:

2. wow i didnt expect so bigger turnout!

Yes I know we are the minority, but I'm a trend setter.

3. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    This is my Dean EABC 4-string. Great sound for a small price. I guess this makes me #2!

100_2627.

Petrus1849 likes this.
  4. tom once dead #1
    Spector Ray #2

Does that play well?

5. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Well, it did! LOL. The neck warped and it's being repaired under warranty as we speak. It's hella loud unplugged and in reality that's the best way to play it. The piezo pup needs a lot to be desired. It's muddy sounding and you really can't get that good of a tone amped. I figure micing it would be the best way to go. If you get one, buy new strings because the cheapies aren't that great. It's worth the money, IMO.

6. I need to replace the strings on my dean as well

7. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale
    Here's an unusual Dean Bass ...

Picture%20314.

Phud and the harp unstrung like this.
  8. Yes that is Very unusal, I never really got the point of having an 8 or in your case 10 string basses.

tom once dead#1
    Spector Ray#2
    Ric5#3

We are growing little by little

9. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Jul 31, 2006
    Dallas
    Here's my Stylist. So make me number 4.

Attached Files:

sneha1965 likes this.
  10. I'm in...

Edge 5 fretless, modded to passive.
    Trans Black

11. I'll start putting numbers up the top.

Pictures please!!!

12. Yeh i started a Dean club a while ago, but it died.
    I play A dean Edge Pro 4. But for some reason my computer wont let me upload photos at the moment, so ill post some later.

13. Yeah I'm not expecting this to last long, I just want to see how many people have them.

14. nutterisgo

nutterisgo

Apr 29, 2008
    hey can i have a number?

15. basstones

basstones Supporting Member

May 24, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Dean Improv 4 - Czech

Dean01.

Brian

16. thought I might continue this old thread...
    nutterisgo #7
    Basstoens #8

17. Well, if youre going to continue it.....may I have a number and join your ranks?

Dean Z Tour.....

ExplorerFull.

tekhedd likes this.
  18. Nightsblood #9

WOW, do I see EMG's?

What does it sound like?

19. How do I put this? It sounds stale. Im not a big fan of the way it sounds by itself or for most types of music. I use it in my thrash metal band and it sounds warm and punchy when its cranked through my RBI and Aggie GS412 and there are two other Marshall 412s in the room. So, it works great in that setting and thats exactly what I want it for. But, when I play it alone, it sounds thin. Ive got other basses to cover the other styles of music, jazz, rock, etc.

Im sure you could probably get more out of it, tone wise but, I havent found the type of tones I can easily get from my Spector or MTD. If youre looking to use it as a accompany instrument in metal or rock, I say go for it. With the right settings, you can get a thick punchy tone. But as a stand alone instrument, I would not consider this bass.

All in all, Im happy with it. It does what it was built to do. Punch the sh** out of the first four rows!

20. bstringrandy

bstringrandy Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Jacksonville, FL
    Count me in! Here's my Dean Edge 5 Unlined Fretless sporting a set of TI Jazz Flats. It's a very good sounding and playing bass for the $$.

DSC01750.

Randy