1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dean Club!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tom once dead, Apr 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Jimbowhit7

Jimbowhit7

Mar 5, 2018
    Well, I discovered that the stock pickup + flatwound strings on my Paramount play AMAZINGLY well with fuzz...

The EQing on this may not be the absolute best, but I loooooove this tone overall. It's basically just the bass run into an EHX Russian Big Muff Reissue, which is then run into an old Peavey amp head.

BamaBird and B-Mac like this.
  2. B-Mac

B-Mac Sorting Things Out Supporting Member

And the walls come a tumbling down!:hyper:

Jimbowhit7 likes this.
  3. Jimbowhit7

Jimbowhit7

Mar 5, 2018
    If I had an actual cab, they would! I record all my stuff direct because I don't have a cabinet at the moment. Oh, what I could do with an Ampeg 8x10...

B-Mac and BamaBird like this.
  4. B-Mac

From 2010 catalog Edge Q6 (6 string Q4)
    DeanGuitars2010 13.

BamaBird likes this.
  5. B-Mac

upload_2019-4-28_13-21-48.

More of a curiosity item, but I’ve always been eyeing these. zZounds has these for $399 which is the lowest price I’ve ever seen brand new

Dean Resonator Acoustic-Electric Bass

6. McDean

McDean

Oct 15, 2018
    O-H...I-O!
    I play my EAB 186 at church. We are mostly an acoustic praise team. The EAB sound fits perfectly.

B-Mac likes this.
  7. B-Mac

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    BamaBird likes this.
  8. Jimbowhit7

Jimbowhit7

Mar 5, 2018
    Hey, does anyone here know of a case that would fit my Dean Paramount? It's evidently slightly longer than my P-bass, and won't fit in the universal case I use for my other basses.

9. B-Mac

Gator ABS Case
    That’s what my Juggernaut is in (actually a Wolfpack case)
    They don’t fit in the Dean Edge cases unless you take out the bottom padding

@Sub-Frequency might be able to help you

10. B-Mac

This should work. Ignore the guitar in the picture. $60 free shipping. See internal dimensions below.
    Bass Guitar Hard Case Fits Most Standard Electric Bass Guitars Hardshell Black 811501026334 | eBay
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  11. IesousKurios

IesousKurios

Jun 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    Hi everybody.

J here.

I've sang bass in choir since sixth grade so transition to playing bass wasn't all that hard.

Proud owner of a Dean Edge series 4 string that was given to me by a dear friend who moved on to 5 stingers exclusively. IMG_20190430_123948. IMG_20190430_124044. IMG_20190430_124116. IMG_20190430_123929.

B-Mac and wintremute like this.
  12. B-Mac

WELCOME!

IF you would like a number you would be member number 192

Everybody, for a good read on this beauty see this post Help Identify this non-USA Dean

IesousKurios likes this.
  13. B-Mac

Welcome!

lesousKurios,

Welcome to Dean Club!!!

You have been officially issued Member Number 192

IesousKurios likes this.
  14. B-Mac

Okay, so who bought it? The Dean Cadillac Bass on GC used for $199? It was there one day and I thought, you know...I should snag that. So I went looking for it and poof! It is gone!

crying-emoticon.

BamaBird likes this.
  15. :(

B-Mac likes this.
  16. IesousKurios

IesousKurios

Jun 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    My bass has only ever been played during worship at church (or practice/rehearsal leading up to it)

B-Mac likes this.
  17. B-Mac

18. Five church bassists that play Dean basses. Now that's cool. I bought my 5-string specifically for church as we tend to play in a lot of different keys plus I like the low B string with the extra notes. Very handy when playing in D. Everyone goes through the sound board and they love the punch that my bass provides. I have nicknamed it ThunderbBass because when I hit the low notes, everything shakes. :D
    IMG_0652.JPG

IesousKurios, Brookmichael and B-Mac like this.
  19. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
  20. B-Mac

Not liking that trans black EQABG anymore? Say it ain’t so.... it’s a beauty! :)

Besides everyone needs a break now and then