1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Dean Custom Zone Bass - Fluorescent Pink!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by funkyjudge, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funkyjudge

funkyjudge Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    DEAL PENDING ...

I got this pink Dean Custom Zone bass for my wife when she started playing bass 1-1/2 years ago. She has since moved-on to a much more sophisticated one-off active 5-string (which I also bought for her, only it cost more than 10x what this one cost). She says "go ahead and sell the pink bass", so here goes.

Here's a description of this bass model from the Dean Guitars website:

CUSTOM ZONE BASS

• Basswood Top / Body
    • 34" Scale
    • Maple Neck
    • Color-Matched Fingerboard
    • Black Block Inlays
    • Die Cast Tuners
    • Black Hardware
    • Die Cast Bridge
    • Dean Split Pickups
    • Finishes: Nu Q Ler Green, Fluorescent Pink

Full info here -- Dean Electric Guitars-Acoustic Guitars-Bass Guitars

There are some light scratches to the finish on the back of the bass, which I have tried to capture in the pic's that I took today, and will be uploading here. I bought the bass from our own TBer, Joe Millstein, and here is the original thread from 2010 from which I made the purchase -- http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-pink-dean-custom-zone-4-string-bass-680076/#post9558880

The decal is still there, and there is no additional damage of any sort since my purchase. The bass is super-lightweight, and it plays far better than you'd expect a $200 bass (or maybe even a $400 bass) to play and sound.

I've upgraded to a nice Access gig bag since the purchase of this bass. Asking $125 without the bag, and $150 with the Access gig bag.

The first two of several pic's are attached below ... more to follow.

2. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    By the way, you get the nice fuzzy pink strap with the bass, if you want it ....

3. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    a few more ....

4. Joe Milstein

Joe Milstein Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 7, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    Amazing bass! Great TBer. Get noticed. This Dean is worth 5x this price. Looks and sounds amazing.

Bump!

5. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Bump

6. Joe Milstein

Dec 7, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    Only real men play pink!

7. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Bump

8. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Bump City

9. I have been looking for the bass a LONG time for a price like this. I have been playing about 3 months with a 10 year old Hondo. Has it been sold already????

10. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Nope -- still available (you're going to break Joe Millstein's heart if you buy this bass, but he'll get over it ... Joey has LOTS of basses, anyway!!!)

I'd probably need to get $30 for shipping to Baton Rouge ... does this work for you?

By the way, I am a bit leery of selling a bass to someone with zero feeback and only one post on Talkbass (the one that you just sent me regarding this bass) .... do you have references or an ebay profile/history?

Thanks!

11. The $30 wouldn't be a problem, but I do not want it sent to Louisiana. I would rather have it sent to my mother in Georgia, because I will be there shortly then back to Louisiana. I have an account with amazon.com. This would be the first time I bought something via another site...and the only reason I don't have feedback is because I just joined today (mainly to buy the pink bass for church service). If you need more info, I do have a facebook profile, etc. I'm just a young woman who REALLY wants this pink bass! :) . Please let me know if you need more info. Thanks!

12. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA

Shipping to Georgia will probably save me a few dollars, anyway (not much, but probably about $3 or $4 if I use FedEx, which is my preferred shipping method for guitars and basses)!

As for your references (which don't really appear to be an issue, anyway), details of the transaction, etc., we should take this to PMs, OK?

The bass is yours, as far as I am concerned! As Joe Millstein posted here, this bass sounds like one that should cost at least 5x as much .... it's really that good (and he should know; Joe was the original owner of this bass).

Thank you ... and kind regards,

Doug

13. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Looks like there is a deal pending on this bass!

14. Joe Milstein

Dec 7, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    someone is going to get an awesome bass.... amazing axe. lucky new owner...
    ...and yes! slightly heart-broken. but i will get over it. i am drowning in gear but have certain place in my heart for this dean! :crying:;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.