1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dean EAB Playmate

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MODELL, Aug 26, 2004.

1. MODELL

MODELL

Aug 30, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Has anyone ever played one of these acoustic basses sold for $149.00 on Musician's Friend? For this price, I would consider buying one just to have around the house. It has a 34" scale and it might be hard to find a case/gig bag to fit it.

Thanks

2. brainritchie420

brainritchie420

Feb 7, 2010
    so, i would 1st like to say that i did only get this like wensday (today being a sunday) but i have been playing it non-stop. i did get the fretless and i would recomend this any day. even though i hate dean most the time, this beast is a perfect fit. it has a suprising upright sound but can seamlesly switch to punk and even (depending on sub genre of metal). i really just love it to death and would recomend this to anyone that would ever consiter going acoustic. and finally, yes it is impossible to case. i gaurantte that u have no idea how huge it is until you pick it up and play it is massive. like if you know the ernie ball earthwood, it is a step down from there.