Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dean EDB worth it?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Funkize you, May 25, 2004.

1. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
  2. Ender_rpm

Ender_rpm

Apr 18, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    I have yet to see one in stores, but I am very curious as well. It looks like a good way for electric players (like me) to "taste test" and learn to play an upright. Off to the shops i suppose....

3. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    How the hell are you suppose to bow that thing, you might not have any interest in bowing now, but down the road? I'd find something that allows you every playing opion available, don't limit your self.

4. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    After getting the spec's it dosent sound very appealing at all. Its a crappy little "Toy" not to be seen ever again...

5. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah, looks like a weenie-upright-wanna-be toy bass. It's got the wrong scale length don't it? What's the point?!?

A transition to DB??? Bah... FUHGETABOUTIT!!!

6. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    FunSizeDude: You didn't do your homework. You'll find threads that say clearly that only on DB (and without amp) will you learn to produce that fat DB sound.

7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I don't even know why Dean bothered. It certainly wasn't designed to mimic ANYTHING about an upright bass.

It's a popsicle bass. Nothing more.

It's not a "taste test" for an upright. It's not even remotely close.

It's squarely aimed at the "I don't want to really play an upright, I simply want to LOOK like I'm playing an upright to people who don't know what that even means" crowd. :meh:

8. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Yeah, I should have searched First, and it does look really "Out of place" in a way.

9. DaBassman

DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    Has anyone actually seen and or/tried one yet? I'd like to hear an opinion form someone who has played it....