1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dean Edge 09

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Inagi, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Inagi

Inagi

Sep 9, 2008
    http://www.music123.com/Dean-Edge-09-4-String-Electric-Bass-Guitar-519941-i1150840.Music123

So, I've been thinking about buying a bass lately..I had one for a while, but had to sell it cause of a pinch at the time.
    But, I've got some moneys, and so far this bass seems like a killer deal. Looked some videos up of people playing it, and they sound pretty good.

Wondering if this is really a good deal, or is there some other 99$ bass that'd punch this thing out?

I don't need anything fancy, just something I can plugup and play, and is 4-strings. No made-in-china P-basses/J-basses that are like 75$ on eBay either, those things just seem fishy and feel/sound odd.

Thanks for your time,
    ~Inagi

2. Inagi

Inagi

Sep 9, 2008
    Bump? D:

3. look up jay turser 402. its a knockoff j-bass, but i think its american still. i got mine for 175 not sure if thats in your range or not.

4. Inagi

Inagi

Sep 9, 2008
    Ah, yeah..a bit much. Was really hoping for under 130.
    I don't wanna drop that much for something I may not get into, y'know?

Also, apparently my friend Jacob has a bass he never plays, and might sell it to me. Here's hoping it's good, and he can :D

5. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

I think the dean's are a really good value. If you're looking for a punchy bass, the Edge will give it to you.

I had an Edge 1, but sold it because the neck was a bit to "chunky" for my taste. Otherwise it was a very nice bass.

6. Dude, for 100 bucks you can't go wrong with an Edge 09. I started out on one and it was a decent piece of wood. You will outgrow it quick if you are really serious about playing though.

good luck!

7. I have it and it sounds and plays pretty nice. It's very punchy, although I like j-style growl better. Neck feels nice as well, although its not really mah thang.
    (got it used for $50, my first and only bass for now)
    +1 about outgrowing. I've been playing for 6 months and am saving up for my second bass.

8. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    You have to start somewhere. If you like it, get it.

My first bass was a Washburn and it was good to me. Ibanez, Yamaha, Squire, and SX all make solid entry-level instruments.

Try checking your local craig's list and see if you can't find a deal on something used. You could probably get a bass and an amp for the same price as just a bass. Plus with the starter stuff you see a lot of the played it twice and lost interest situations where the gear is basically new but with a steep discount.

Good luck and happy hunting :bassist:

9. Inagi

Inagi

Sep 9, 2008
    Aah cool, my local shops are all pretty over-priced sadly and none have the 09 |:

And there's a Pbass on craigslist for about 250, that's it. D:

I'll probably order the 09 somehow, might be a while as mums card is kinda screwy lol

10. TravTrav

TravTrav

Jun 6, 2010
    WA
    Hey guys,

Old bump, but I was wondering if anyone wanted to share their thoughts on this bass 4 years later. The thing I'm most curious about is what the neck width and depth is like. Is it more P bass or J bass? Or all dinky, tiny, flat entry Ibanez style?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

11. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.