1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dean Edge 4 active electronics problem

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Busker, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    I picked up this newer Made In China Dean Edge 4 with an electronics problem, thinking I was going to fix it in five minutes, but.... (I'm pretty good at trouble shooting passive electronics, but not active).

No sound at all. Nothing comes through the cord and amp. The cord is known to be good.

It has active electronics, 2 large pickups, 4 pots (3 of them have detents you can feel, the 4th appears to be a regular pot).

I checked the battery compartment and those wires are still soldered solidly. The pots were loose and turning when the knobs were turned so I tightened them. All connections look good.

Please say its not a fried preamp... The output jack has 3 wires going to it. I haven't tested it, but its probably OK since the bass has not seen much use.

2. humbledyouth

humbledyouth

Feb 22, 2008
    I have a Dean Edge 4 string with the same problems. Have you made any progress?

3. BasementBassist

BasementBassist

Mar 18, 2009
    Dayton
    Mine fried last week, I emailed Dean and their response was to send me a preamp...no questions asked. No warranty or serial number confimation. Makes me wonder how common this is going to be????

4. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    Wow, blast from the past.

I no longer have this bass. I parted it out a long time ago.

Good luck humbledyouth. Basement bassist has a solution.