Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dean Edge 6 fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by the_faceless666, Aug 9, 2003.

1. the_faceless666

the_faceless666

Mar 3, 2003
    Canada
    Hi everyone, I am really considering on buying a Dean Edge 6 string fretless. I still haven't tried it, and I may not be able to...So I'd like to know, all you dean owners out there, how is this bass? Really. I do alot of gigging and I have a lot of projects, so is it a professional bass? Also, how is the neck. I like thin necks. Is it thin?
    Thanx

2. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I dunno much about the Dean 6 Fretless...but I have a fretted Dean 5'er that I absolutely love. Some people say that Dean's are junk but to me it feels really nice. The neck on my 5'er is pretty tight which makes it super easy for me to play since I mostly play 4 strings. I was always really discouraged by all the wide neck 5 strings out there but when I got this one I was really surprised by how good the neck felt. The Edge 5 I have sounds pretty decent with EMG's and the Dean preamp and I have been looking for another so I can defret one of them. Hope this helps.

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I wouldn't hesitate to gig with mine. It sounds and plays like a dream, I love it more every time I play it. It is absolutely wonderful, plays, sounds, and looks way better than it should for the modest amount of money that I spent on it. It is fantastic and I would buy it again in a heartbeat. I've got basses that cost two, even three times as much and it's still my favorite. I've never had a single problem with it.

Here is a pic

The neck is extremely comfortable and feels natural. I've played the six string fretted Edge basses in stores and they have felt very similar to me. I would buy one without hesitation.

Great bass.