1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dean Edge Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ytsebri, Nov 27, 2000.

1. ytsebri

ytsebri

Sep 1, 2000
    Dallas
    I was considering purchasing a Dean Edge 6-string lined fretless. I'd like your opinions on the Edge 6-strings. Especially if you own one or have played one extensively. I'd like to know particular problems and/or strengths. Thanks.

2. I was thinking of doing the same thing that you are doing. The Deans are a real bang for your buck, but watch out! If you buy one I hope that you do not intend to slap on it because they have a real tight string spacing. When I played a few of them, they all sounded pretty good and had a pretty versatile sound with the two emg-hz. ~ Marty

3. ytsebri

ytsebri

Sep 1, 2000
    Dallas
    Don't worry. I'm not a slapper. I am basically looking for a six that I can use for certain tonal situations, not a main bass; kinda like a 3rd bass. The main things that concern me are quality (I know it's a low value bass, but I mean it relatively), durability, and neck depth & shape. I would like nice electronics too, but they can be replaced.