Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dean Edge Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ytsebri, Nov 27, 2000.

1. ytsebri

ytsebri

Sep 1, 2000
    Dallas
    I was considering purchasing a Dean Edge 6-string lined fretless. I'd like your opinions on the Edge 6-strings. Especially if you own one or have played one extensively. I'd like to know particular problems and/or strengths. Thanks.

2. I was thinking of doing the same thing that you are doing. The Deans are a real bang for your buck, but watch out! If you buy one I hope that you do not intend to slap on it because they have a real tight string spacing. When I played a few of them, they all sounded pretty good and had a pretty versatile sound with the two emg-hz. ~ Marty

3. ytsebri

ytsebri

Sep 1, 2000
    Dallas
    Don't worry. I'm not a slapper. I am basically looking for a six that I can use for certain tonal situations, not a main bass; kinda like a 3rd bass. The main things that concern me are quality (I know it's a low value bass, but I mean it relatively), durability, and neck depth & shape. I would like nice electronics too, but they can be replaced.