1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dean Edge Pro Select 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heb9_28, Apr 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. heb9_28

heb9_28

Jul 1, 2009
    Hey, I did a search but didn't come up with much. Didn't come up with much of anything recent about higher end Deans. Saw this on an instagram ad and I'm digging it! I love that it's using that new Fishman pickup. Everything I've heard about them has been positive and they sound good on the demos I've watched.

Dean1.png dean2.jpg

I like the simplistic look of this and the single pickup. The tough thing is thinking about what a grand can get you and wondering if this stacks up.

Any thoughts?

B-Mac likes this.
  2. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

I own earlier Edge Pro basses and Edge Czech made basses as well as two USA Deans that are not Edge series basses. I love them all for different reasons. They are either USA made, Czech made or Korean made. The newer ones you are looking at are all Indonesian made and I suspect all made at the same Core-Tech plant that makes Cort basses and some Ibanez models, but I could be wrong about that.

Here's some links
    Dean Edge Select 4 String Burled Poplar SN
    Edge 4 Select Burled Poplar Also available in 5 & 6 string

Dean Edge Pro 4 String Walnut Satin Natural
    Edge Pro Walnut Also available in 5 & 6 string

Dean Edge Pro Select 4 Str Burled Poplar SN
    Edge Pro Select Burled Poplar Also available in 5 string

Unlike previous Edge Pro series these are no longer through neck basses and no longer have a brass nut. Unlike previous Edge 4 and Edge Pro basses these are no longer made in Korea but are made in Indonesia

Dean USA Edge 4 String Flame Top
    USA Edge 4 Flame Top

I'm really excited about the revamped Hillsboro series which has a Swamp Ash body with open pore finish, three piece Maple Neck and an Ebony Fret Board.
    Dean Hillsboro Select Black Satin

Hope this helps.

Might want to stop in here too.

Dean Club!!!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021