1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dean Edge Q5 [active 5str]

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CamMcIntyre, Jul 28, 2000.

1. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Hey i tried this one out in the store in quilted red......does n e one know of problems with this bass? or things I should be aware of?

2. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    IMO they are good basses as long as you get ahold of the right one. The only problems I experienced in trying them were inconsistency. I believe if you try it out first, and be sure your local shop sets up the basses good then you are getting a great deal. Active electronics, quilted maple, solid neck, and a great versatility of sound make this bass a great value. I decided to go with the Edge Q4, because I concluded that a 5 just wasn't for me right now. Anyway, good luck.

Dirk

------------------
    "When you die if you're given a choice between pie heaven and regular heaven, I think you should choose pie heaven. It may be a trick, but if it's not, then mmmmmmm boy." -Jack Handy

3. Licketysplit

Licketysplit

Mar 15, 2000
    I love deans!!! At a music store close to me, it's almost all they carry. Dean's (ive been told, and i believe) are the best value and quality in thier price ranges compared to other basses of the same price.