Dean Edge Q5 [active 5str]

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CamMcIntyre, Jul 28, 2000.

1. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Hey i tried this one out in the store in quilted red......does n e one know of problems with this bass? or things I should be aware of?
  2. dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    IMO they are good basses as long as you get ahold of the right one. The only problems I experienced in trying them were inconsistency. I believe if you try it out first, and be sure your local shop sets up the basses good then you are getting a great deal. Active electronics, quilted maple, solid neck, and a great versatility of sound make this bass a great value. I decided to go with the Edge Q4, because I concluded that a 5 just wasn't for me right now. Anyway, good luck.

"When you die if you're given a choice between pie heaven and regular heaven, I think you should choose pie heaven. It may be a trick, but if it's not, then mmmmmmm boy." -Jack Handy

3. Licketysplit

Mar 15, 2000
    I love deans!!! At a music store close to me, it's almost all they carry. Dean's (ive been told, and i believe) are the best value and quality in thier price ranges compared to other basses of the same price.