dean edge

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Alla, Nov 2, 2001.

1. Alla

Sep 25, 2000
    How much of you have this tried or have this bass?
    What can you tell of it ?
    I'm interested in the six string.
  2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    There's a local store that I stop in every once in a while that carries Deans. It's been a while since I've been there, but they always sounded pretty good to me. I don't really understand six-string basses, so I don't know what to say about them, though I've played the Dean six a couple of times. I may end up with a Dean fiver one of these days.
  3. i have played dean six string basses before and i think they are prettty cool 35" scale, emg, electronics,very affordable .if i can find one im going to buy a frettless edge 6
  4. I've been playin an edge 4 for about a year and a half. the neck is awesome (5 peice maple and walnut), the basswood body is kinda weak but for the price who's complaining. the tone is impressive, not as good as my b.c. rich with the bart pup, but still good. I'm using flatwounds, I think it brings out the tone better.
    I've tried out the 6 stringer in my local shop, it plays real nice, didn't take long to get use to the extra strings or size.
    my next bass is probably gonna be the edge select 5, its just to good of a deal to pass up.
    if you want to hear a sample of the edge 4 with flats, email me!
  5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I've had an Edge 5 fretless for about a year and a half. The neck is a dream, the body is light and really beautiful with the charcoal transparent finish. The EMG HZ pickups are adequate (I prefer the simple passive VOL VOL TONE setup to any active I've tried), the hardware is fine. I would recommend this bass without reservation. The quality for the money is really impressive. Those Korean craftsmen (and women) are doing some fantastic work. The bass sounds nice and warm, I can get a lot of different sounds out of it. Great mmwwahh on the bridge pickup.

Unfortunately the fretless versions are now lined, mine looks so fantastic unlined.
  6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The Dean Edge series is OK for the price, but the B string isn't that great on the 5 and 6 string models, and the string spacing is very narrow as well.