1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dean Hillsboro bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by fourstringgirl, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Anybody know the ins and outs of this bridge? Other than the screws that raise the saddles, nothing else makes sense. I can't see where the saddles will slide back and forth very far. I found the screw that actually does move the saddles to set intonation but it has little to no travel. Not enough to complete the intonation process anyway. I'm afraid I'll break my Allen wrench if I force it. Weird bridge......

2. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    When I messed with my Hillsboro, I loosened the strings, then loosened the allen screw in the side on the saddles, and then you move the saddles on your own with your hand. There is no screw that moves the saddle itself. The screw in the side of the saddle is basically just a lock for the saddle once you have it intonated.

fourstringgirl likes this.

3. That makes sense metallicafan. I understand now.....but wow, what a hassle to do an intonation. All that loosening and tightening the strings! Gah!

Thanks for the reply man, very much appreciated!

metallicafan18 likes this.
  4. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    I have the Eric Bass model as well. Once I got mine intonated, I have not had a single issue. It's a sweet bass. Before too long, I want to swap the electronics out with an EMG setup. I had the opportunity to meet Eric Bass a few years ago at NAMM, and I had my Hillsboro with me. He took the time to ask my opinion about it, and he played it to make sure it was a good of quality as the ones Dean sends him. Then he signed it for me! Really stand-up guy, and very humble. Definitely made me enjoy the bass even more.

fourstringgirl likes this.

5. I love the hell out of mine. I've gotten nothing but compliments on it - both the sound and especially the looks! I also got a chance to meet Eric last year after a show. I had just ordered my bass two days before and told him. He asked which color I got and I told him black. He said I should have waited for the white one. But it just now came out! Yeah, he's a super nice guy and loves talking about these basses. His security guy was literally pulling him away saying, "we gotta go Eric, gotta go!" he's talking the whole time as this guy is dragging him away. So funny. Love Shinedown and especially Eric.

You saw his rig rundown on YouTube? Like 12 minutes of him and his whole setup. I want everything he has!

metallicafan18 likes this.
  6. Oh and yeah, the bass is now intonated. Thanks a bunch!