No longer available Dean Hillsboro Junior Bass SS $135 Shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by covermego, Apr 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. covermego

covermego Still here....... Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Redding, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hello, fellow TB'ers. I have a Dean Hillsboro Junior Short Scale Bass that I acquired several weeks ago. I had the intention of making a 5 string out of it, but I am attempting to wind down my projects and concentrate on my other business.
    This bass is in very good shape with just a few little dings/nicks.... nothing bad, though. It also plays and sounds great! I was surprised to find out that, even though advertised as a 30" scale, the scale is actually 28.5", like the Ibanez Mikro. I just measured it on a whim, as I was getting the nut and heel widths (1-5/8" and 2-1/2", respectively) and was amazed. It actually feels bigger than my Jaguar SS Bass, probably due to the bigger-dimensioned neck.
    Also has the bigger, more standard "Elephant Ear" tuners on it, as opposed to the smaller ones.
    Everything works fine on this bass. I also like the higher-mass bridge with the "countersinks" to hide the string balls. Clean-n-classy. Weighs in at 7lb 3oz. Light, yet very solid feeling.
    PayPal only. Asking $135/shipped CONUS, with a Fender Strat Gigbag (which just barely fits)Thanks for looking ! - Lenny IMG_1183.JPG IMG_1184.JPG IMG_1185.JPG IMG_1186.JPG IMG_1187.JPG IMG_1188.JPG IMG_1189.JPG IMG_1190.JPG IMG_1191.JPG IMG_1192.JPG

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  2. Plantbrain

Plantbrain Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2006
    I bought a Cort short neck on a whim, these Deans are also very good for the cost. Amazingly so. Hard to go wrong for the $. My daughter is not quite old enough to play it yet, but if you want a short neck, this is a great deal.

covermego likes this.