1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Dean Hillsboro Junior Bass SS $135 Shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by covermego, Apr 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. covermego

covermego Still here....... Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Redding, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hello, fellow TB'ers. I have a Dean Hillsboro Junior Short Scale Bass that I acquired several weeks ago. I had the intention of making a 5 string out of it, but I am attempting to wind down my projects and concentrate on my other business.
    This bass is in very good shape with just a few little dings/nicks.... nothing bad, though. It also plays and sounds great! I was surprised to find out that, even though advertised as a 30" scale, the scale is actually 28.5", like the Ibanez Mikro. I just measured it on a whim, as I was getting the nut and heel widths (1-5/8" and 2-1/2", respectively) and was amazed. It actually feels bigger than my Jaguar SS Bass, probably due to the bigger-dimensioned neck.
    Also has the bigger, more standard "Elephant Ear" tuners on it, as opposed to the smaller ones.
    Everything works fine on this bass. I also like the higher-mass bridge with the "countersinks" to hide the string balls. Clean-n-classy. Weighs in at 7lb 3oz. Light, yet very solid feeling.
    PayPal only. Asking $135/shipped CONUS, with a Fender Strat Gigbag (which just barely fits)Thanks for looking ! - Lenny IMG_1183.JPG IMG_1184.JPG IMG_1185.JPG IMG_1186.JPG IMG_1187.JPG IMG_1188.JPG IMG_1189.JPG IMG_1190.JPG IMG_1191.JPG IMG_1192.JPG

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  2. Plantbrain

Plantbrain Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2006
    I bought a Cort short neck on a whim, these Deans are also very good for the cost. Amazingly so. Hard to go wrong for the $. My daughter is not quite old enough to play it yet, but if you want a short neck, this is a great deal.

covermego likes this.