1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Dean Hillsboro Single w/ EMG Pup and Pre

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BIGEJ2, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    Purchased this bass earlier in the year. It is in excellent condition outside of done fine scratches along the lower bout where the controls are. Plastic is still on the pickguard.

Bass was recently upgraded with an EMG MMCS pickup and BTS (separate bass and treble) 2-band pre-amp. The pickup and pre-amp and brand new only installed this week.

Nothing wrong with the bass. It plays and now sounds remarkably good for being at a lower price point, stays in tune and intonation is fine. Only issue (if it actually is an issue), is that the battery is not connected to the battery box. Instead, it is under the pickguard. The battery box wires are there and plenty long. This is an easy fix and gives the option of making the EMG system run in 18v. There is also enough room under the guard to hold an additional pot if you wanted to convert it to 3-band EQ.

Factory box, all EMG extra parts and packaging materials, and original pickup and preamp are included.

Asking $225 shipped CONUS. Paypal accepted and I'm open to trades.

Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1ADF1FEA-9404-46FB-B8AB-F9B777EB8CA9-137-00000002ECE315FA_zps139214a0.

Attached Files:

2. ilovenofrets

ilovenofrets

Dec 25, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I played one of these when they came out. Even 100% stock it's a really good bass at the price point it's in. One of Dean's better inexpensive axes. With these upgrades, should be a winner. GLWTS!

3. mattattack187

mattattack187 Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Ellsworth, ME
    How has this not sold?

4. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    I have the jazz p.u equipped model.A decent cheap bass.

5. 39-Bassist

39-Bassist

Jul 7, 2010
    Florida
    Endorsing Artist for: Brace Audio; Duncan Pickups; Line6, Hipshot, GHS Strings, Somnium Guitars
    Awesome playing bass, I had one and upgraded to USA pickup and the EQ was actually a 3band and I added the mid pot. Great deal for someone. Bump!

6. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    The stock pre is actually wired for a 3-band. All it needs is a mid-pot. Same with the BTS.

Offers welcome.

7. happygilmour

happygilmour Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Wilbraham, MA
    Do you know what this weighs?

8. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    Official weight bump: 8.6 lbs

9. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    Price drop bump. $200 shipped and will include a new Ultimate Support gig bag.

10. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    Price drop. $175 shipped with gig bag.

11. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.