1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dean Markley Blue Steel on frets?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by joeman583, Apr 12, 2006.

1. joeman583

joeman583

Apr 8, 2006
    Hey, can anyone tell me about how abrasive or non-abrasive the blue steel strings are on the frets and fingerboard. I've tried the Nickel Blue Steels, but I really love the tone of Stainless Steel. The only thing is, Stainless Steel is abrasive on the frets. Can anyone tell me their experiences with the SS Blue Steel strings on the frets and fingerboard? I have a Yamaha RBX series 4-String with a rosewood fingerboard, and a Carvin B4 with an ebony fingerboard. :help:

2. I've used blue steel strings on my epiphone gibson bass for years without any problems. I've always liked them myself.

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I've used them many times myself. I've had no problem at all. They are a great sounding string that last a long time.

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I like 'em, too and have never experienced any unusual fret wear from them.

5. joeman583

joeman583

Apr 8, 2006
    Thanks alot guys for your input!

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I have them on my Epiphone Jack Casady bass and I have not noticed any extra fret ware with them , very lively strings its just to bad I kill them so fast.

7. ingmar

ingmar

Oct 14, 2002
    Normandy, France
    I use these exlusively, I slap a lot and I do notice more fretwear than on GHS Bassboomers for instance, but not a scary amount either. No visible abrasion on ebony fingerboards. They do last longer than most others I tried, and they respond fairly well to boiling, I'll try the denatured alcohol trick on them.