Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dean Markley bluesteel

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by stover1121, Jun 14, 2005.

1. stover1121

stover1121

Jun 14, 2005
    Has anyone tried those new Blue Steel NPS strings, cause i was looking for new strings and they caught my eye.

stover :bassist:

2. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I have them on my bass now. They have great tone... they're nice and bright out of the box and after a while smooth out into a mellow tone. I've had mine for about 8 months and haven't had to replace them. Now i'm starting to sense some dead spots and such... overall, i'd say they're ordinary. Nothing to get super excited over, but they aren't bad. I'll prolly try a different brand this time around.

3. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I had them on my old bass once, I like my Lo-Riders better.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I have used a few sets of the DM's. Nothing from them has convinced me to move away from my TI Superalloys.

-Mike

5. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I think that this is a pretty accurate assessment. The biggest benefit is the string life.

6. These things lasted all of ten to fifteen minutes and were dead, And I do mean dead. They sounded worse than the 4 month old Ernie ball slinkeys I was taking off. IMO avoid them There are so many better strings out there for the same or less money try some of them.