Dean Markley NickelSteel "review"

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Angelo, May 17, 2002.

1. Angelo

Jan 12, 2002
    I am impressed.These strings are awesome.
    For anyone who likes D'addario Xls,i urge you to try these strings.They are very similar to Xls,but i like the Markleys a little bit more.They don't have that chorusy sound out of the box like the Xls have,and thats a good thing.They feel very much the same,which is smooth and very playable with just the right tension for slapping.I use 40-95 gauge and there is no floppin' going on. All the way around i like the sound of the Markleys' more.And unless they go dead in a couple weeks from now,these are the better strings.

In conclusion...
    I don't understand why Markleys' aren't more popular.These are really great strings.
    And i imagine there other ones are really good too.What gives?
  2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Thanks for the review. I don't know why they're not more popular, except that I never see them in the stores.
  3. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    NickelSteels make my StingRay sound and feel better than it ever has before. Dean Markley has by far some of the most consistently stupidest ads I've seen in the last 20 years but all the strings of theirs I've tried (SR2000, Fretmaster, Blue Steel) I've really liked.