Dean Markley NPS RoundCore Bass strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by gjooro, Oct 27, 2006.

1. gjooro

gjooro

Mar 27, 2006
    Croatia
    Have anybody tried Dean Markley NPS RoundCore strings? How they sound? Are they good for slap?

I saw that strings today in a store. I tried many strings but never roundcore. I heard that they sound richer, punchier, fatter...
    Should I get them?

2. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    I tried a set of NPS on my P-bass, and I loved the tone on the E and A strings, both live and recorded. It's a good, solid, roundwound tone with some growl. I thought the D & G sounded a little thin by comparison, which isn't unusual I guess, but other sets have provided better balance. I have another set lying around, which I'll try on my J, but I think I've moved to the flatwound camp for my P-bass.

3. gjooro

gjooro

Mar 27, 2006
    Croatia
    Well, I tried them and I played with them for a month or so but I just couldnt stand them. They are the worst strings I ever played. They are too soft and flxible so there is a lot of of fret buzz. I had to put set of old fenders. When I put fenders on I was born again. Both sets are 45-105 but Dean Markleys are way softer and I don't like that.

4. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Well they are round core, what do you expect?
    They are always more flexible.

Get some hex cores next time :)

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 7, 2021