1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dean Markley NPS RoundCore Bass strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by gjooro, Oct 27, 2006.

1. gjooro

gjooro

Mar 27, 2006
    Croatia
    Have anybody tried Dean Markley NPS RoundCore strings? How they sound? Are they good for slap?

I saw that strings today in a store. I tried many strings but never roundcore. I heard that they sound richer, punchier, fatter...
    Should I get them?

2. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    I tried a set of NPS on my P-bass, and I loved the tone on the E and A strings, both live and recorded. It's a good, solid, roundwound tone with some growl. I thought the D & G sounded a little thin by comparison, which isn't unusual I guess, but other sets have provided better balance. I have another set lying around, which I'll try on my J, but I think I've moved to the flatwound camp for my P-bass.

3. gjooro

gjooro

Mar 27, 2006
    Croatia
    Well, I tried them and I played with them for a month or so but I just couldnt stand them. They are the worst strings I ever played. They are too soft and flxible so there is a lot of of fret buzz. I had to put set of old fenders. When I put fenders on I was born again. Both sets are 45-105 but Dean Markleys are way softer and I don't like that.

4. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Well they are round core, what do you expect?
    They are always more flexible.

Get some hex cores next time :)