Dean Markley Skullbusters...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Hategear, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    From, January 15, 2003: "The Misfits and Dean Markley have had a long-standing relationship. The quality of Markley's strings is unsurpassed making them the ideal strings for the Fits. The legendary band has been using Markley strings exclusively for years, both live as well as in the recording studio. Always striving to take intensity to the next level the Misfits sought to develop custom string gauges to voice their trademark Annihilator and Devastator guitars. Long in the works the Misfits and Dean Markley have officially joined forces to bring these custom strings to the general public for the first time ever! On January 16th 2003, at the NAMM music industry convention in Anaheim Ca, the Misfits and Dean Markley Strings proudly announce the official Misfits - Markley string line "Skullbusters"! That's right fiends; the exact gauges and alloys used and devised exclusively by the Misfits will be made available where ever fine music products are sold in 2003! To commemorate the event Jerry Only will be appearing in the Markley booth at NAMM signing advance prints of the packaging for the upcoming Misfits-Markley Bass strings (pictured at left). The street date for the Jerry Only gauge will be announced shortly and begin shipping to stores everywhere in the coming months! Stay tuned to for more info and if you happen to be attending the NAMM convention be sure to visit the Dean Markley booth where Jerry will be signing on Thurs Jan 16th at 2 PM, Fri. Jan 17th at 3 pm and Sat. Jan 18th at 2 PM."

2. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    :D :D :D
    I'm gonna be :bassist: a set of those real soon!
  3. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    I thought Jerry played with 2 E and 2 A strings?
  4. Listen

May 19, 2002
    With the old misfits.
  5. BlacktotheBlind

BlacktotheBlind Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    i recently put a pack of these on my Ric 4001 and i was amazed on how awesome they sounded. definitely my new favorite kind of strings. i just wish they made a 5 string version.