Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dean Markley strings to swap.

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Dminoz, Apr 29, 2003.

1. I've got a new set of Dean Markley Blue Steel bass strings (XL, 40-95). 34" scale.

I put them on my bass the other day. Although they're excellent strings, they're not the sound I'm after. These sound really modern, as though they'd suit a slap player.

Anyone want to swap some strings? Needn't be new, but in ok condition of course. Age
    of strings irrelevant. As I saw someone else here note, I change my strings once a year, whether they need it or not.

These Markleys seem really well balanced, with pure tone and no dead spots. Just not the right sound for me, that's all.

I'm in Australia, but posting worldwide is fine. Anyone got some old strings they want to get rid of?

David

2. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    What kind of strings are you looking for?

3. Just full scale (34") round, or ground, or flat. (I've got a fretted and a fretless bass) Any age, can be well used, as long as they're in good condition. I know most players change strings quite regularly. 45 to 105's or something similar is my preferred guage, I think.