Dean Markley Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by eureka kid, Jan 15, 2018.

1. eureka kid

eureka kid Better here than Philadelphia

Well tomorrow is the day for the first time I'm going to put Dean Markley Stings on my Beloved Sadowsky. They are SR2000's 47-107 set #2690. I have always used Sadowsky Blacks Nickel 45-105. I hope I like them. Anyone have any experience with them? Dean Markley's that is.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  2. filmtex

filmtex

May 29, 2011
    I've been using Dean Markley Cryo's for decades. Those and Sfarzo's are the best for me and my playing. I tend to go back and forth, but I'm also supporting three basses. So it depends on availability I guess.

3. Morrighan

Morrighan la Contessa Gold Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    My personal experience is Dean Markleys rounds stay in the "good tone zone" a long time.

eriky4003 likes this.
  4. DistortedBass

DistortedBass Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Michigan
    My favorite strings of all time. Had a hard time finding them for a bit. Seems like they are coming back.

5. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    Dean Markley had a more variety at one time. They make a string, with gauges 47, 67, 87, 107, and if a 5 , 127. At one time it was called the Will Lee Model. They still make them without the will lee name. About 10 years ago they made a string, called Super Round. Shame they don't make it anymore. Hope the SR's work for you. Let us know what you think.

6. eureka kid

eureka kid Better here than Philadelphia

Well I put them on my Sadowsky and they felt great just like a sponge bath at the Mustang Ranch lol but the "A" string sucked!!! just like a............... it wasn't buzzing it sounded more like vibration or something. I couldn't fix it so I had to take them off and put on some Sadowsky black nickels that I had and now it sounds fine. just like a(insert your own joke here)

7. FenderTuni

FenderTuni

Jan 30, 2012
    Philadelphia
    The wounding of DM strings is incredibly well made, they do not kink or twist that easily, and last for months (years in my case). Good luck!

Morrighan likes this.
  8. I recall Will Lee's picture with the Blue Steel (insert pic of Derek Zoolander here) strings. I didn't know they made a Will Lee string but living in the Great White North doesn't always get you every variety of string made.
    I recall the Super Rounds (yellow and black packaging a la Markbass or Stryper). Loved those strings as a good value bright round wound string that kept their tone!
    I have used Blue Steels and they were a go to string at one time but now I order via on-line supplier and have found the 'perfect' strings for 3 of my 4 basses which see the most action so Blue Steels haven't been in my 'basket' for a few years.