Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

dean markleys for a modulus q5?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by fleabee, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Will the blue steels fit on a modulus q5 because of its scale length? Any personal opinions of them? thanks

2. anyone know how long the blue steels are in the 5 string package?

3. Well i gave it a shot and the strings fit with room to spare on my modulus q5. They have a nice bright sound,great for slap.I can see some calouses coming though..

4. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I use Dean Markley SR2000s on my Q5. Those fit very well (and sound amazing BTW) and thus give you some comparison.

IME, if you contact Dean Markley through their website, they will respond very quickly. Just ask them for a comparison in length between the two strings. The make them both. It should be no big deal.

5. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I have used DR Lowriders on my Q5 for years. Recently I bought a Cirrus that I fell in love with so I put the Modulus in a back up role. I bought a set of Blue Steels here on TB for a good price and put them on the Mod. I now wish I had done it much sooner. They fit great and I really like the way they sound with this bass. The seem to give a much smoother tone with the EMG's.