Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dean Peer's Gear

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Grove, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Grove

Grove

Mar 18, 2006
    Washington DC Area
    Is anyone aware of the gear Dean Peer uses?

2. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    I studied with Dean for a year or two when we were both living in Hawaii around '97-98. He had a Linc Luthier fretless but mainly played his kubicki factor basses back then. Smokin player and great guy.

3. Grove

Grove

Mar 18, 2006
    Washington DC Area
    Jamey Aebersold referred me to his books. I studied with Jamey for years and have just taken up bass a couple of weeks ago with a P-Bass Special. Although I have had an attraction to Gary Willis which caused be to start bass the harmony of Dean in what I can see in his harmony book comes closest to piano. I play alto sax and had gone through Dick Grove's keyboard years ago as a contemporary setting to bridge the gap of traditional jazz and contemporary ( or what once was) music. Although I recognized modern structures with appreciation I am coming from the bebop beginnings with 3rd - 7th resolution leaning toward fusion-symmetrical. Any help will be appreciated.