Dean Performer Bass: Fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SurfBass, Feb 21, 2006.

1. SurfBass

Feb 20, 2006
    Does anyone here own and play a Dean Performer Fretless? what I am wanting to know is how the side position dot's/markers are placed on that bass? are the markers placed where a fret/actual note would be and not in between like a fretted or lined fretless bass. Here is picture from the Warmoth site of what I am trying to explain.

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Why not ask Dean? They have a great forum and really good customer service. FWIW my unlined Edge 5 had the side dots at the proper place (that is, the note locations).
  3. SurfBass

Feb 20, 2006
    Philbiker I will ask Dean. I don't know why I didn't think of that. The Dean Performer fretless bass doesn't seem to be to popular, I am new to this site. I hope Dean or acoustic basses are not bad words around here.

Thanks Ben
  4. they're not bad words. Dean makes incredible instruments at their price point. You know, I think I'm just going to link some pictures of my Dean Fretless here - it's been about 8 months since last I linked them:

Enjoy - and just like Philbiker, my dots were right "on" where the frets would be. Just remember to use your ears as well as your eyes when playing a fretless.

5. Dougyfish

Nov 9, 2006
    I know this is a reply to an old thread but I just played the Dean Performer fretless last night and the dots on the fingerbaord are between the "frets" but the top neck marks are where the frets would be.
  6. MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    Seems a bit odd.
    That 6.5+ year old dean still looks pretty good though! Wouldn't mind having one.