Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dean Performer Plus 4 String Accoustic

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Gallient Knight, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Glossy Bkack, nearly new, Shadow P7 Preamp. Doesn't get enough attention at home so its moving out to somewhere it will be loved.

275 shipped in the lower 48 US.

Will ship elsewhere if you want it shipping may be higher.

Heres a pic

2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I am interested...

I have been looking for an acoustic bass for a while. What do you think about it? Can it hold its own acousticly against guitars? And what kind of tone does it have?

3. It has a mild woody tone not muddy at all, and I have been playing it with a friend covering jazz tunes acoutically. Loud enough to fill most smaller rooms. I have never changed the stock strings, and I think it would sound alot better with some good strings on it.

If I used it more I would keep it. But I am looking to buy some new stuff.

4. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Just wondering, but does it come with a case or gig bag included? or will that be extra, or do you not have one for it at all?

5. I never got a case for it. I think Musiciansfriend sells them though, or they may be available from deans web site.

6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    For what it's worth, I came very close to buying one of these several times from a local Dean dealer, but never had the bucks handy. Dean is doing a really, really nice inexpensive ABG with these! Tone, craftsmanship and volume on all the ones I've seen has been very good. Much better than the other ABGs in this price range!

(G-K - Do I get a percentage? ;) :D )

7. Lets sell it first :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence

8. Tuba_bass_boy --- If your still intrested let me know

thanks

9. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Sorry, but I have found a different bass that I am going to get instead. It is a 5 string acoustic, and it is only $300. I have only found good reviews and opinions, so I am going with that.

Sorry...

Good luck on selling it though!!!