Dean Raphsody 8-string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sobie18, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Any comments on these? Pros, cons, likes, dislikes, etc.

I have a chance to scoop one for 5 bills...
  2. oops...make that Rhapsody....
  3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I think it's a pretty cool bass if you're looking for an 8. The neck is a little wide for me, but there are 4 extra strings. Nice looking top, not too heavy, good sound...good bass for not too much $$$.
    BTW, Xush has one for sale in the classifieds for $350. I can tell you first-hand that bass is in great shape, too.
  4. Does he take MasterCard?.....
  5. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I takes paypal! And my finance rates ain't bad either, if you want to make payments! ;-)

They're nice, but I don't know if I'd drop $500 on any of the mid-level ones out there right now...I think Schecter and Robelli are making them too.

I have a grand old time with that sucker, though. The wide, ringing drones it makes possible are really nice, and distortion is downright huge on these things! The Dean is constructed well, looks nice, and plays pretty smooth for its price-range.

If mine doesn't sell, I'll take the frets out and have a budget-Bassmonkeee setup.
  6. NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Is it the bubinga-looking top, or black?
  7. smashkick14

Jan 10, 2002
    everett wa
    do it do it do it !!!!! peer presssure come on! j/k but that is a good deal, and a nice bass its worth every penny
  8. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    the rhapsody 8 strings are good basses for their price range. I had one for a while and liked it, but I had a hard time integrating the 8-string sound into my band, so I decided to sell it (also I needed the money). I had the Transparent black finish which is more of a glossy finish over bubinga. I think it looked better than the natural bubinga look asit made the wood seem really figured and deep.

If I had some spare money I would probably get another one in the future just for fun.