1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dean rhapsody 4 string fretless - neck issue

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Jeff Mills, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Jeff Mills

Jeff Mills

May 12, 2011
    I had a friend give me a dean rhapsody 4 string fretless. The neck is in bad shape, despite several attempts to adjust the truss rod over the course of a week I can't seem to get the bow out of the neck. I know it's not an expensive bass but I kinda like it and since a friend gave it to me I would like to fix or replace the neck and keep it around.

Any advise would be helpful...

The bass looks like this but it's black

[​IMG]

Thanks

2. slaphappychappy

slaphappychappy

May 25, 2011
    ebay. Necks are cheap enough. If it wont release all the tension then in my mind the neck is warped or the truss rod is rooted. Maybe it was left in the sun for a while, cos some people think guitars look great in the sunroom.

3. Jeff Mills

Jeff Mills

May 12, 2011
    So I need to --- Remove the strings, neck, nut and machine heads, Pop the finger board, yank the truss rod, make a jig to hold the neck and send it over the joiner, then a couple of light passes through the belt sander.

Install a two way truss rod, re-glue the finger board, finish sand the finger board and neck, finish, reinstall the nut and machine heads reattach the neck, shim if needed, restring, adjust truss rod and see what happens?