1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dean Stylist Cabbie selling on eBay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Avalon, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Avalon

Avalon

Feb 28, 2009
    Not affiliated.

Just thought I should pass it on. Lots of folks would like a medium scale hollow body. This one is technically semi-hollow due to the sound board, but it has the full body size. I have one and it's quite boomy acoustically. Sounds pretty loud unplugged.

The cabbie paint job is getting hard to find, so the price reflects it.

DEAN TAXI CAB 4 STRING BASS! | eBay

2. I'd love one just for the look, but starting bid at $500?

3. ...and with a BIN of $650? It's a cool bass with a rare finish and all, but even with free shipping, that's a serious load of cash for a Dean.

The seller also has a Fender Jaguar up for sale with a BIN of $700. Apparently he doesn't know that a brand new Jag at Sweetwater (with free shipping, a 2 year warranty, free tech support and really great customer service) is only another $150.

I'm all for folks setting whatever price they want for stuff, but sometimes they really need to be aware of what else is out there for the money they're asking.

4. Avalon

Avalon

Feb 28, 2009
    I'd say $500 is just acceptable. I wouldn't go beyond that.

These are a bit prone to feedback with the stock electronics. Still, I love the thump and the tone.