Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cobrasneverdie, Feb 2, 2004.

1. well i bought a dean a year back as a project bass at a pawn shop for 100 bucks (and its vintage :D) [​IMG]

well anyway i was thinking about painting it a different color or giving it a wood finish. how would i put a finish on it and where could i get a good looking finish. and whatelse would i need to put on it to protect the finish?
  2. i decided i want to paint it safety orange. i know you can get safety orange spraypaint. but how would i go about doing it. should i do primer then paint then a clear coat of some sort? and sanding in beteween each finish?
  3. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    For an inexpensive bass like that, I'd just chip off paint in various parts and apply a layer of orange spray paint if that's what you want. The "crappy is cool" look. Not to say that the bass is crappy, or that the look of the bass has anything to do with the sounds (what makes it look that way does).

Jaco-ized and Spray Painted: I like it.

You can probably get spray paint at your local hardware store. I think it might erode after a while though, so you may want to add a layer of gloss first.
  4. I think all it needs is a new coat of black paint.....and some orange/yellow flames!!!! :cool:
  5. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    i 2nd with the Flames. Thats a total "Black + Flames" bass..