1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dear Chicago Cubs fans

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Oct 5, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

Ha-ha!

2. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Not that I'm a big Cubs fan (though I do enjoy the occasional visit to Wrigley), but this seems like the work of a bitter Astros fan.:D

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    soooo wrong... says the phils fan.

4. HomeBrewTJ

HomeBrewTJ

May 16, 2004
    Lafayette, IN
    l_fe71a086e4ed03f046b4fc8297bd35c7.

whatever.

5. I had precisely that thought before I even clicked on the thread:

The work of an Astros fan, y'know the team that DIDN'T make the post season!

;)

...but yeah, that was well...disappointing...to say the least.

:meh:

6. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    You think it's hard to be a Cubs fan? :confused:

........or an Astros fan? :eyebrow:

How 'bout being a lifelong Pittsburgh Pirates fan? :eek::bawl:

Hey, wait, I resemble that.............:crying:

7. ...check it out man, your team has won a WS title in my lifetime. The Cubs have not won a title in anyone alive's lifetime...

...and I do know fan frustration, I am a New Orleans Saints fan. :meh:

8. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    Well, ya got me on that one, but we DID just set a new record for futility, the major league's longest string of consecutive losing seasons. :(

9. Jeramaya

Jeramaya

Feb 18, 2007
    Madison, WI
    Actually, I envy people like you or even the Rays fans. Think about how easy (and cheap) it is to score good tickets. As a Cubs fan, and an out of town one at that, I feel like I need to get tickets the day they go on sale.

PS...I do understand your point, though.

10. HomeBrewTJ

HomeBrewTJ

May 16, 2004
    Lafayette, IN
    Seriously, I can drive to Cincinnati when they play there and score any seats that I want for cheap.

11. I don't believe in karma, but if I did, this would sure be a good example of it. When the Astros/Cubs games were moved to Milwaukee (a supposed "neutral" site) there were signs being held up saying things like "Let's finish what the hurricane didn't" and "Thanks for the extra home games" basically prodding and poking fun at a natural disaster which destroyed homes and killed people :rolleyes:

I know not all Cub fans are like that. But still, if I were you I'd blame them. :p

12. HomeBrewTJ

HomeBrewTJ

May 16, 2004
    Lafayette, IN
    whatever.

13. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    Lou Pinella...

Had best record in baseball in 2001 with Mariners... Postseason - FAIL!!

Had best record in baseball in 2008 with Cubs... Postseason - FAIL!!

I love Lou but... FAIL!!

14. I love being a Jays fan, I can sit behind home for less than $50. Too bad they suck though. Should be good next year with the best upcoming pitcher in baseball and one of the best as the ace.

lowsound

15. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I too have been a lifelong Pirates/Steelers fan. I grew up not far from Pittsburgh. But at least I've been able to see them win several World Series, starting with Mazeroski's walk-off, Game 7, World Series winning home run in 1960 against the mighty Yankees.

Granted, it's been real tough lately. But at least it hasn't been 100 years and counting...

16. It's interesting the contrast between Chicago and Milwaukee.

I was out listening to a bunch of AM stations- and we get a lot of Chicago stations. Everyone's fuming about the Cubs. Around here, although the Brewers lost- everyone's happy they made it to the playoffs for the first time in 26 years.

17. The Saints got the same treatment when they went to Chicago in Jan 07.

Mike

18. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Every fan base has its share of toolbags.

19. Yeah, that was pretty classless. :scowl:

I heard some pretty bad stories from friends that went to that game...I know not EVERYONE from Chicago is like that, but the minority really make the majority look bad.

20. HomeBrewTJ

HomeBrewTJ

May 16, 2004
    Lafayette, IN
    Ya, it just happens that the fuming minority is much more vocal than the loyal majority and make any team's fanbase look like asshats.