1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dear God We've all missed the find of a century

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 1SHOT1HIT, Aug 2, 2012.

1. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    Friend of Leo Fender owned a music shop and held onto over 70 instruments then passes away, Estate sale info following.
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...fnmxNSfaSnd0pWS4A&sig2=Dvj4GLpr5T3iiSjSXiCH8w

I about passed out scrolling down the list of BRAND NEW Fender basses.

Never Sold still wrapped hang tags and all.

Gibson's and MANY MANY MANY more.

If you live in CA Call Fat Dog (Yeah that's his name) Tomorrow around noon, they still have some stuff left. But not much and it's been going on for a while so who knows what's left.

His number is 1 (510) 841-4106

They are NOT giving them away but they are also NOT charging full market value either.
    Best you can do is call and schedule an appointment if you see something you like. Real nice guy I talked to.

2. Wonder what they want for the paisley tele?........ Last time I found and original (not re-issue) they wanted like 20k!!!!

3. MUSHROOMSeAcOw

MUSHROOMSeAcOw

Aug 1, 2010
    Georgia
    Dear god... I would kill for that brand new mustang. I am in shock

4. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    11/'50 Broadcaster

!!!! WOW!

5. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I only see a NOS P and a Mustang bass. There's a couple other cool pieces too, I just wannt know if that J body is still available.

6. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    Keep in mind some of it has been sold guys.

But that 69 P Bass NEVER SOLD TO ANYONE

Mustang Bass NEVER SOLD TO ANYONE

and many others on the list still with the white protective paper.

How the hell did everyone miss this incredible opportunity?

Had I found out about this earlier and had money falling out of my rear I'd have been on the first flight to CA.

7. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    Call that guy Fat Dog or whatever his name was tomorrow at noon and he'll let you know.

8. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    The way this guy was talking they aren't idiots and selling for peanuts but they also aren't even close to market value.

That could mean anything I'm sure, would have been killer to have been the first guy in the door.

9. wraub

wraub

Apr 9, 2004
    ennui, az
    deviated prevert
    Hover, I also want the J body. ;) Jumped right out at me.

Holiest mackerel, what a stash.

wraub

10. That was the very first bass I played in seventh grade jazz band....... along with an original flip top ampeg......
    I had no idea what I was playing on!!!! Not to mention I was allowed to take it home:D

11. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    Yeah that was about EXACTLY what I said.

I remember George Gruhn showing one alll beat up on a youtube video and here they have/had one in what looks to be 9 out of 10 condition.

12. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    Anyone that lives in CA and has some extra cash and isn't on the phone with this guy tomorrow is NUTS.

13. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I can only imagine he's going to want top dollar for any of this stuff...

14. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    You could be correct, but I specifically asked the guy about prices and he didn't seem to think they were asking anywhere near what they could be asking.

Again w/o specifics on a particular guitar or bass who knows what his ideas of good pricing is.

15. Fat Dawg is no fool. He knows precisely what these instruments are worth. And often asks 10-20% more than they are worth!

16. pbass888

pbass888

Jul 8, 2009
    New York, NY
    Nice find for sure! Good detective work ! Too bad in on an island in the hudson river ;)

17. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Is that Fat Dawg as in Subway Guitars in Berkley Fat Dawg?

18. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago

Coolest bass in the lot...maybe in the WORLD (61 Fiesta Red P)

19. RED J

RED J Lol

Jan 23, 2000
    I- Yi- flippin'- I ! old school dream. A Wyman no less.

20. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    :O, where do I start??? The Mosrite (Both the Maphis and bass), worn Coronado II, the musicmaster with white pickguard, and Guild starfire bass. Gah!