Dear Lord

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B'Aces High, Nov 29, 2003.

1. So i was browsing some of the RIC's on the, And i came upon this sad thing...have pity...its not for those who have a weak heart. :bawl:

2. hmm.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!~!!~!!~!!~!!~!!~!!~!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

- w00t:mad:
  3. Probally take a week just to adjust your tone...:(
  4. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I remember seeing a FAR worse Ric "custom" job. I think it had a gibson mudbucker where the original bridge pickup was.
  5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    that thing is AWESOME!
  6. Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    i like it... i like cliff burtons too (Gibson EB pickup at neck & jazz at bridge)
  7. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Well, its not your bass, so there is no need to feel bad. And it is an inatimate object that has no feelings, so feeling sorry for it makes no sense. It is the owners bass. He can do whatever he wants with it. I'm with WR, talk about versitile :cool:
  8. I suppose that for a Ric purist, it's a disaster, but quite frankly I think that Ric basses are an aesthetic nightmare to begin with so I don't really mind the mods.

Now, if somebody had done something like this to a 600-series guitar... :mad:
  9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I don't get it. Is there something weird about it?
  10. Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    i dont get it either, whats wrong with it?
  11. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

I totally agree with the aesthetic disaster comment.

But then again, that's gotta be one of the most tweakable basses on the planet!:D
  12. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    LMAO That's too funny! :p And probably true.

Dan :bassist:
  13. That's not so bad, look at his FENDRIC.

14. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB

That's completely cruel. Poor Fender. :(

15. If any of you know me, you probably guessed that...

I love them both! (the rick and Fendrick)

I dont know how people can say that they look ugly, I love heavily modded basses.
  16. Somebassguy

Nov 5, 2003
    Everett Wa
    Sorry folks, I'm totally with B'Aces on this. Both that Ric and that FendRic are HORRENDOUS. What kills me, is these folks mod the hell outta classics like RIC and Fender and then have the nerve to go on ebay and ask some rediculous high price for these frankenstien models. Oh well, I guess there is a sucker born every day. I guess somebody actually does bid $50.00 for these contraptions :D

EDIT: Let me just add, I am a believer in modding. I have been known to mod Fenders on more than one occasion but the changes I make are subtle ones eg, swapping out the bridge on a Fender P, changing from passive to active electronics etc. The Ric is the only instrument I would never change a thing on. Not because they don't need it but because of the resale value!
  17. Aesthetic differences aside, I've got to hand it to the modifier of the Ric for putting that much in the bass and still keeping it, at least, "In the Style of" a Rickenbacher.

As many choices as the Ric has, it doesn't begin to approach the possibilities of one of John Turners Conk's. How about midi and tone control for each STRING!!!
  18. I personally dont mind mods myself. I just think its a bit overkill. I would only hope he either...
    A) had that bass a long time
    B) bought it for a cheap price before he decided to mod it so much.

Personally i would not want to spend over a grand on something just to mod the hell outta it. Id rather would have found a clone first.
  19. Didn’t Dave Meros, with Spock’s Beard, have his Ric modified in a similar manner? He sure gets a great bass tone.
  20. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I dig it. Both of them.

I've been spending the last month or so mustering up the balls to mod my Peavey Cirrus, so when I see pictures of other cool mods, it makes me feel better.