Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dear Moderators- Troll alert!!!!

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by adisu, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adisu

adisu I admit it, I'm a "user"

Apr 8, 2005
    Israel
    To your concern.
    Some day last week a small TROLL has joined our community.
    I've seen only 3 threads that he replied to (i'm sure there are more),all in a very rude way using curses and insults aaginst TBers. (for example a quote "The 99% of the TB members are assholes...")

The Troll is knows by the nickname TomAngelripper and if you look in his profile window you'll see that he didn't fill out any of the fields which make it even more suspicious that this guy came here only to ruin the day for TB.

Scroll down and look for yourself:
    troll 1 ,Troll 2 and i'm sure there's more.

Please don't let him break the calm atmosphere Of TB community.
    I don't know if you moderators saw him and that's why i write this thread.
    Anyway i think you should at least warn this guy.

Thanks,
    Adisu.

2. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    This isn't something you would post in the Technique forum. Just PM a mod if you're really worried about something like this.

3. adisu

Apr 8, 2005
    Israel
    Yap I guess you right....my bad.
    No use to send a PM now. http://www.[malware url removed].com/smilies/ashamed/ashamed0001.gif

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    You can click the "exclamation mark" button on the lower left of a post to report it to the moderators. No need to post it publicly in any of the forums.

5. adisu

Apr 8, 2005
    Israel
    I learn new things every day. :)

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I think this shows up that this feature is not working!

So previous versions of the forum had a button clearly marked "report post" or something like that - how are people supposed to know that an exclamation mark means this?

I mean - I know because I was around when this was introduced, but new people are not going to make the connection and aren't going read about every last detail of the site ....:meh:

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Judging from the number of reports I'm getting everyday, it works ok.

I agree it's not self-explanatory, there's a pop-up, though, when the mouse pointer is hovering over it.

8. You've gotta admit though, this guy is crazy.

9. Bann him!

10. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

I love how this community just singles out and alienates prats ;) tbh... there's no need for any kind of abuse on here... opinions, yes... differences of opinion, yes! But not abuse...

I'm sure the admin's would pick up on him soon enough - from what I recall reading, a few mods have responded to his posts already, and for all we know, might have spoke to him personally already!

11. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

That's just from us regulars who've been around for years - think how many more you could get if it was easier to spot!! ;)

12. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i like this board a lot, but like every board, there will always be one dude trying to stir the ish up. just flow with it, or ignore him. its not difficult to do that. i ignore tons of people on this board that i dont agree with.

also, there will always be someone who gets their panties in a bunch about something.

13. el_Kabong

el_Kabong

Jul 11, 2005
    Stone him!! It's been ages since we had a proper stoning!

14. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yup.

The Fool - I've seen that there are many Metal Bassists here that he could learn and benefit from.

My Brother Tony is a Metal Guitarist (and singer and writer), and has been for many years. Because of this, I've had the pleasure of meeting and hanging-with many Metal musicians - VERY nice people! This guy's an anomoly; Every Metal musician I've known personally, or worked with in audio, have been a pleasure to be with, and most have been serious musicians - what ever some want to say, much Metal is difficult to perform properly - and when it is, the passion and power in astounding!

Joe

15. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Look. I-- I'd had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, 'That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah.'

:oops:

16. I know some people, speed metal players....
    They're great yes! I have no problems with them and I go to see their concerts as much as I can....Even if it's not at all my music!

But that guy is too much, that's why I wrote that!

Vince

17. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    Had to :D

[​IMG]

18. alibloke

alibloke

Dec 17, 2004
    Bristol, England
    Blasphemy! He's said it again! Did you hear him?!

:D

19. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Look. I don't think it ought to be blasphemy, just saying 'Jehovah'.

:)

20. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Look guys, I know about him. He's been dealt with - and none of this has anything to do with Technique.

Thanks for looking out for our community, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.