1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dear Sandberg...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Famuus, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Famuus

Famuus

Feb 23, 2011
    Dear Sandberg

You changed my life. I have been a bass player for about fourteen years now. I owned several basses. Fender, Lakland, Ibanez,…. They were all good instruments but then i happend to stumble upon a second hand Sandberg VM4.

I can’t start to describe what it did for me. When ever i’m holding an other instrument now it feels like a toy. I’m not saying other brands and models are bad, i’m just saying my VM is exceptionally good.

i am a freelance bassist. I fill in spots in some bands, teach at a local school, do some recordings…. I was always looking for an instrument that’s ‘always at my side’ (no pun intended), i have a feeling that i found it.

More detail?

The P-pickup sounds like a P, but better. I mean… what the hell have you done with it. It gives the bass so much power i feel like i’m playing mammoth.

The Humbucker gives it a lot of punch. Dial it in even a bit and i stand out in a mix like never before.

The build is amazing, everything is strong. The neck feels like a P but in a way is really fast.

The controls actually do something. With some other basses i have a feeling sometimes that when i turn a nob, nothing really happens. Unless i turn it al-the-way-to-the-other-side.

I know i’m just writing down some loose thoughts here. Just wanted you guys to know that you changed my life. I’m going to post this on Talkbass to. They need to know.

Greetings from a Professional bass player.

Henrik Hertogs
    Sandberg2.

2. Famuus

Famuus

Feb 23, 2011
  3. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

4. Famuus

Famuus

Feb 23, 2011

Thanks!

/\/\3phist0 likes this.
  5. Lejdestad

Lejdestad

Aug 13, 2015
    image.
    They sure are great! :)

lowdownthump likes this.
  6. Famuus

Famuus

Feb 23, 2011
    Looks awesome man, i once tried playing without the inlays on the fretboard. Couldn't figure our were the right notes were ... ;). .... and i call myself a semi-pro.

7. Lejdestad

Lejdestad

Aug 13, 2015
    Thank you! I've had it for almost 2 years now, but I like how your bass still got the "Sandberg-logo" on the pickups, I have played mine away ;)

8. Famuus

Famuus

Feb 23, 2011
    Haha, just noticing that now....

9. I am Soma

I am Soma Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2013
    MN
    same story here man. all my modulus, fender, Ibanez, warwick, gould, rick, etc are gone. the only things that remain are sandberg

10. As i've understood it, the pickups are designed from ground-up by Sandberg, and then custom wound by Delano. Similarly to how Dimarzio winds Music Man's pickups.

don't quote me on that tho

/\/\3phist0 likes this.
  11. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
  12. Famuus

Famuus

Feb 23, 2011
    All you ever need

13. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    I always liked those basses

Famuus likes this.