Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DeArmond Ashbory FS/T

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Basho, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Basho

Basho Guest

This is a used DeArmond Ashbory bass. I got it off EBay a few months ago and have only played it about an hour since, I just don't like the feel of the strings. Not for me, but maybe for you.

It's in decent condition, the finish doesn't have any significant flaws apart from lots of fingerprints and a little general wear. It should polish up nice if you just wipe it down.

One more thing, as you'll see fro mthe pictures below (which I'm hoping to be able to upload - fingers crossed) it does only have three strings, the G string broke, but i does come with another set of E-A strings, and you can get extra (and, I hear, better) Gs from Mike Tavener.

Finally, I'm in Canada, so anyone bidding from another country should take into account higher shipping costs, duty, etc., and Canadian bidders will get a higher priority due to the fact that it's easier for me. As for the price, I'm asking around 200 USD plus shipping, though I'm slightly negotiatable. I want to purchase a fretless Essex Jazz with the proceeds, so I'm open to any trades along that line; i.e., decently made fretless 4.

Drop me a line if you're interested. Pics soon.

2. Basho

Basho Guest

Okay here are the resized/cropped pictures of the front and back, I have all kinds of ridiculously huge pictures that I can't post, so if you want those, let me know.

3. Basho

Basho Guest

Back of headstock with serial number:

4. Basho

Basho Guest

Bump after an influx of new threads.

5. still looking to sell the ashbory bass?

6. Basho

Basho Guest

Yes, this is still for sale.

7. Basho

Basho Guest

Who put the bump?

First page.

8. Basho

Basho Guest

Come on, nobody is the least curious about owning an Ashbory?

Bump again.

9. Basho

Basho Guest

Bump.

Still available.

10. Basho

Basho Guest

*sigh*... bump.

11. Basho

Basho Guest

So many bumps...

12. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I've always wanted an ashbury but I live in the uk so tax is a killer for starters.

If the shipping was cheap i'd be very willing to concider it but I have to add on 17.5% VAT and 3.2% Duty tax on the total cost of bass and shipping. So not sure if it's that economical.

13. Basho

Basho Guest

Well, if you could send me your postal code via email or PM I could try to quote you some rates.

14. Basho

Basho Guest

Does anyone at all want this, or should I just send it on to eBay?

15. Basho

Basho Guest

A few more bumps and it's going back to the Bay.

16. Basho

Basho Guest

Bump because I'm too busy/lazy to put it on EBay right now.

17. Basho

Basho Guest

Bump again. I'm very flexible on the price. Make me an offer.

Please.

18. Basho

Basho Guest

Bump.

Need some cash! Make me an offer!

19. Radio Kaos 64

Radio Kaos 64

Oct 15, 2003
    Interested in a trade for a 5 string fretless Brice?

20. Basho

Basho Guest

Not really, I'm looking for a fretless 4. Thanks for the offer though.