Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dearmond Ashbory

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VoodooChile, Jun 21, 2001.

1. i just wanted to know what you guys think of the dearmond ashbory bass cause i'm going to be traveling around for the next 2 months and i can't bring my full sized guitar

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    "Aw...I feel like I'm gonn break the d**n thing!!"- Will Smith, MiB

That's pretty much the way I see it. At 18 in. scale, the thing is sooo small, it's uncomfortable. It sounds pretty good though. If you've got an amp that is! No an unplugged type of bass...

3. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I've just recently gotten back into playing mine after a little while, and I can't get enough of it! I like the scale length's challenge and it sounds fairly decent through my bedroom amp, (Peavey MicroBass). Sticky strings can be a bit off-putting. I rub some talcum powder on them occasionally, but lately have been trying not to as much. No reason other than trying to play it as it occurrs in it's native habitat!

-robert

4. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I've had mine for about 6months now. I like it for a small bass that has a unique tone but by no means does it replace or come close to my jazz-different leagues of tone. They can take a bit of a beating [mine has] & not break or anything but theres not much on it that can break. Works well for me if i know i want a bass with me but not my amp-just plug my practice headphones into the jack & magic i can hear it. thats all [btw am ordering my 3rd FMIC/2nd DeArmond this weekend, pilot plus 5 wine red]