DeArmond Cases

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blackmetal27, Jul 7, 2002.

1. does anyone know were i can get a hard shell case for a DeArmond Pilot Plus Bass? if i take it to sam ash or guitar center do u think they can get a case and make it fit the bass i have? thanx
  2. I really need that info too. My son has a DeArmond guitar... an M77 I believe. Anyway, his guitar is supposed to be an duplicate of a Guild Bluesbird and there is even a Squire copy, but NONE of the cases fit. I've had my local shop order me in several different cases and none of them work.
  3. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    For my pilot + 5 i have an SKB Standard [i think, the little bar code thing on the actual case said deluxe but it doesn't look like the other deluxe ones i've seen] & it fits pretty well, it fits my jazz better & since the pilot body shape is a shunken jazz shape it fits good. When i used it as a flight case for the pilot i just put rolled up bubble wrap where it could wobble. On the M77 case, good luck-not tryin to sound so grim but good luck, it'll be a hard search since DeArmonds have been out for awhile [discontinued for awhile]. Thats all
  4. would a coffin case work with it? i really like those:D
  5. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    I don't have a clue if a coffin case will fit it-i haven't used one & thus have no experience w/them. I know my 2 other cases fit it [they're both generic box cut cases {a fender tweed & an imitation fender black tolex}] thats all.
  6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Try the Bass Place down in AZ - they seem to buy up a lot of FMIC's closeout stuff. I was able to get a case for my DeArmond Starfire Bass through them.
  7. My Pilot Plus V fits in the TKL hardcase from -- about $60.

I finally found a great fitted case for my M-72 guitar, too! A DEAN EVO case is a PERFECT fit for the DeArmond M series; about $100 from your Dean dealer. Mine took 3 days to come in, and it is indeed a perfect fit.

Ronzo (at work)
  8. hey its me again i got a coffin case it fits perfectly :)
  9. trane

Jun 3, 2002
    Tokyo, Japan
    It's not such a surprise that the TKL case fits. TKL was the supplier of all DeArmond OEM hard cases.