1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DeArmond Pilot Bass...should I get one?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RedMax, Jan 26, 2013.

1. RedMax

RedMax It’s all success if it’s what you need. Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2011
    New England
    Oaky, so I found a DeArmond Pilot bass on craigslist today. The bass is nice and has just been set up. The seller wants 125.00 for it. Is it worth it? My brother had a guild pilot bass from the 90's and he loved it. Seems like a solid deal, but wanted to see what the TB folks think. uploadfromtaptalk1359254906303.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1359254921963.jpg

2. I would offer him 100.00 but seems like a decent buy...If I'm not mistaken...i think those came out of the same factory as some Squier models...

I picked one up off craigslist about 2 years ago for $100.00

mancave3-1.jpg

score.jpg

I dig it...

3. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Id say no. Real pilot basses say guild on the headstock as I rememebr from the one I owned in the 80's.

4. You do know this is a DeArmond Pilot, the lower end version of the Guild right? It's a real Pilot.

5. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Ah ok, the low end line of. Glad I had the guild version.

6. DeArmond is to Guild like Squier is to Fender..

To the OP...if you like the bass, and it feels good in your hands......sounds decent to your ears...go for it...who cares what we, or anybody else thinks!

as far as price i stated earlier it's a decent deal...better if you can get it for $100.00

7. RedMax

RedMax It’s all success if it’s what you need. Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2011
    New England
    Thanks for all the responces.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021